Simple Sunday – How to Decorate a Christmas Tree

I am sure that those of you that put up a Christmas tree have already done so, but I thought I would share with you how we do it at Casa de Wrong Feet.

Step one:  Test the camera.  Set camera up to take pictures on a one minute automatic timer.  If you have a tripod, use it otherwise the back of the couch works almost as well.

tree test again

Step two:  Put tree stand in predetermined location.  Insert tree.

Tree 2

Step three:  Photobomb as many of your own pictures as possible with the help of the warning light the camera flashes three seconds before each picture is taken.

Tree 3 Collage

Step four:  Actually trim the tree with whatever decorations your family uses.  For us this includes thirty year old salt dough ornaments and other various childhood keepsakes from my youth, straw bobbles and Swedish flag chains from Husband’s Swedish heritage, hand made ornaments Cody and Carter have made over the years as well as the boys’ special ornaments, one for each Christmas the boys have celebrated.

Tree 4 Collage

Step five:  Bust out the eggnog (for those of you who drink such swill)

Tree 5

Step six:  and the holiday beer (for those of you with a more refined taste.)

Tree 6

Step seven:  Celebrate another successfully decorated tree.

Tree 7

Step eight:  The end.

Tree 8

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday.

This entry was posted in Simple Sunday and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Simple Sunday – How to Decorate a Christmas Tree

Great job!
    I hope you all have a lovely Christmas! :)

2. Such fun trimming the tree…there’s your husband again with the Grinch shirt!!! awesome!!

He really loves his Grinch shirt but only busts it out in December and wears it as much as he can. Most of my Christmas and Christmas related pictures include the shirt. :-)

3. Looks like a good time was had by all! Fantastic tree. Have a wonderful Christmas my friend!

4. I never would have thought of just setting the camera to shoot…Fabulous results!
    Merry Christmas to all of you!

5. The photo bombs are particularly hilarious. Merry Christmas to my blog friend!

Hehehe – glad you liked them. I did ask Husband if he cared if I posted his chest flashing photo bomb before I put it out there for the whole world to view. Hope you had a great Christmas too.

Great pictures! Merry Christmas!

Thanks. There were a lot of butt pictures taken during the decorating but it all adds to the hilarity of it when looking back at them.

Hope you and your family had a very merry Christmas!

7. Alex says:

Looks like fun! Your family is so funny and adorable!

That’s lovely. Merry Christmas Shoes to all of you!!

9. ShimonZ says:

This looks like a great celebration, and my best wishes for a very sweet new year, to you and your family.

10. st sahm says:

This is adorable!

Thanks! It started out as something silly to do, the photographing of our tree decorating, but it has turned into a tradition around here. :-)

11. my27stars says:

How clever you are! I LOVE candid pictures, and I take shots of my hubby and Doodle often, but hubby never thinks about it for me, and it’s not quite as candid when I chuck the camera at him and tell him to take some effing pictures. Your idea is much better than throwing things and cursing. :)

Hahaha – Yeah, I recommend setting your camera to auto timer mode and simply mill about being candid (can one really be candid when they know they are being filmed or photographed?) It is fun to look back on the pictures from Christmases past – there are a lot of butt shots while we decorate the tree, but also a lot of funny photo bombs and cute family ones.

Thanks for popping in and leaving a comment!