I am a bad blogger when it comes to receiving awards. I really do love getting them but I am just not very good at it. It is not the getting of them that I love so much as the fact that a fellow blogger thought of me and my blog when the time came to pass an award along. It makes me feel good.
I love the give and take of the blogging community. I have found bloggers to be a kind and supportive group of people, people that I am so very happy to have in my life. When one of them presents me with an award I get the satisfaction of knowing that not only do I love writing this blog but that other people out there love reading it. Serious happiness, people.
This is an award that she created to share with people who she feels captures those special moments in life in a creative photographic way. I was quite taken by surprise to receive this one because, while I enjoy taking photographs, I use a simple point and shoot and most of the time have no idea what I am doing. If it is pleasing to my eye and fits with what I am writing about then maybe I will include, but I am rather critical of my photos. I hope you get a chance to pop over to Just Ramblin’ Pier’s blog. If you do, expect to see some great photos and read some short, poetic, and usually uplifting pieces. Oh, and she has some stinkin’ cute dogs!
Last week (or was it two weeks ago?) strawberryindigo was kind enough to pass along the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Her blog covers a wide variety of topics and she has a cat that is destined to be quite famous. I suggest you check it out. While she stressed that those she gave the award to did not need to play by any rules, I have not done one of these in a while and think it may be fun to play along.
First I shall share with you seven things you may not know, nor care to know, about me.
- My favorite cereal is Cracklin’ Oat Bran. It may look like dog food but it is the cat’s meow.
- I just recently discovered that catching a Nerf football does not hurt. (I am a wuss when it comes to sports where anything is thrown at me and I am expected to catch or otherwise come into contact with it.) Shortly there after I learned that I am actually a pretty good football player. Sweet!
- I can not make an airworthy paper airplane to save my life. It makes me feel rather inadequate to have to tell Cody’s kindergarten classmates this when they ask me for help folding one.
- I can find not a single redeeming quality in the petunia plant. I don’t know why but I really hate petunias.
- In an effort to appear younger and hipper than I truly am, I started tweeting a while ago. It makes me feel older than I am to say this, but I don’t get what all the hype is about.
- I am directionally challenged. I still have to recite Never Eat Slimy Worms to figure out where I am in relation to North East South or West.
- My middle name is Marie.
That was way harder than it should have been.
I would like to give a shout out to and pass along this award to some fellow bloggers. This is harder to do that that silly list you just read as I read a lot of great blogs but if I listed all the blogs I love you would quickly get link overload. As strawberry indigo did, I would like to say that there are no strings attached. Feel free to do with this as you wish.
And last but certainly not least while I was in the process of writing this post I received the Beautiful Blogger Award from my bloggy friend over at Waiting for the Karma Truck. Wow. When it rains it pours and I am liking this kind of rain. If you pop over to Karma Truck’s blog you will find inspiration and humor, and seriously who can’t use a bit more of both of these?
I picked a smattering of blogs to pass along this award to, blogs that make me think, laugh, smile, and keep me coming back for more.
If you have not checked out these blogs before I highly suggest you do so.
Oh, and as a side note, I would like to say that sometimes I am nominated for an award that I have already received (and written a post about.) Not that it happens a lot, but when it does I tend to thank the person who gave it to me but skip the post writing part of it all. It is great to get any award and getting them more than once is fantastic but as I said at the beginning, I am a bad blogger when it comes to this whole award thing. I just wanted to let you know how I roll with all this. Sometimes I just have to make my own rules.
Thanks for the blogging love my friends, it truly means a lot!