It has been a verrrrrryyyy long two weeks. I have behind me one week of four half days and one full week of online teaching. I teach third grade.
My take-aways from these two weeks are:
- Doing what is best for the students and myself (even if it may not be exactly what administration is telling you to do) is sometimes the right move.
- Surprise Dutch Brothers drinks delivered by a friend on your first Friday remote teaching are amazing.
- I love my students already and I have not even seen them in person.
- My students’ families are incredibly supportive and appreciate honest, humor infused communication.
- Wine is nice in the evening.
- No matter how the day goes, my pets and family are always there to make me feel better.
- Even as technology crashed and burned all around me, a total dumpster on fire moment, acting calm and rolling with is all one can really do.
- Did I mention how amazing my students are? Really, truly they are fabulous.
- I stare at a computer way too much and have no desire to blog. I hope this will change.