Okay, I am feeling a bit guilty. Almost three weeks ago I was given the Kreativ Blogger Award from one of my long time (long time is a relative term since I have only been blogging for 6 months) blog readers Jodi over at jodistone a wonderful blog about life with her two, heavy on the personality, dogs Sampson and Delilah. She notified me of the award on December 12th, two days after my dad ended up in the hospital due to a pretty bad episode caused by his Alzheimer’s. There were complications and it was beyond awful. After 19 days in 2 different hospitals he is finally back in his hometown at a long term Alzheimer’s and Dementia care facility about thirty minutes away from my mom. We have lost more of him but he is still in there.
Anyway, what I am trying to say is that I am very grateful for all of you out there and your support and comments and (wow!) the awards even though it has taken me a while to respond. I really need to get off my keister and write a post about this award so here it is. You see, I just found out today, much to my surprise, that Mona Lisa over at mona lisa memoris, has also honored me with the Kreativ Blogger Award. So a very big thank you to Jodi and Mona Lisa. It means a great deal to me for my blog to be recognized and awarded.
As with most of these blogging awards, there are some fun rules that come with it. It appears that this one asks that you to share ten things about yourself or your blog that others may not know and to pass along the award to six other blogs.
So here are ten things about me:
- My favorite color is orange.
- I got my bellybutton pierced when I was 19 or 20 but took out the ring when I became pregnant at age 31 . I haven’t gotten around to putting it back in but I will someday.
- I do not like bananas unless there is chocolate or ice cream involved.
- I am jealous of blogs that have a consistent topic or purpose. Mine sometimes seems a bit scattered and bipolar but I just can’t stick to singular topic for long.
- If I was locked in a room with a Costco chocolate cake and no one was around there is a serious possibility that I would attempt to eat the entire cake. It is just that good. Or I am just that bad.
- I sometimes think we need a third child.
- I am completely unable to focus on anything when I have a broken or jagged fingernail.
- I quite often go several days without drinking water. I just don’t like the stuff.
- I have worn the same ring on my right thumb everyday for over fifteen years.
- I prefer a good microbrew over wine.
And here are six blogs (in no particular order) I would like to share a bit of blogging award love with:
- Illusion of Sanity
- The Restless Nest
- Mommy Said A Swear Word
- Healthy Working Mom
- Life Takes Over
- Veggie Sandwich Generation
I hope you get a chance to check out these blogs. They each have their own something special that keep me coming back for more. As to Jodi and Mona Lisa, thank you again!