A while ago I was honored by my blogging friend Heather over at Patchwork of Life with the One Lovely Blog Award. I never know what to expect when a new post pops up from Heather but I do know that I will enjoy it (and usually learn some historical facts in a fun and creative way.) Heather is an artist with words as well as with other medium and she has another blog dedicated to her artwork that you can check out here.
Apparently there are no rules to the One Lovely Blog Award, only to pass along some blogging love and I am all about that. Since Heather picked five blogs to share this with I will follow in her footsteps and do the same (hard though it may be to narrow it down.) I want to share this award with some blogs that have recently caught my attention and have held firmly onto it.
- Melissa over at Piperism teaches writing at a university level and blogs stories about her daughter Piper. It is real to life, sweet and funny. If you ever wondered what Bambi’s father’s role was in the creation of Bambi you can find the answer according to Piper here. It is awesome. Give it a read, please do.
- If it is coffee spewing tales from Cairo you are looking for then Snotting Black is the place for you. Her writing style is eclectic and I mean that in a good way. A very good way. To read about her recent distraction by chocolate chip cookie click here.
- From New Orleans comes the thoughtful writings of Southern Sea Muse. While I have only visited New Orleans twice in my life, once before Katrina and once after, I have an unexplained sense of “coming home” when I think of this city. There are old roots and new growth, kind inhabitants and rude tourists (not to say there are not rude inhabitants and kind tourists) and the sounds, colors, and smells just have a hold on me. Southern Sea Muse captures the essence of this city for me. Oh and she had four boys and a front porch you must read about here. She had me at Buzz Lightyear.
- With a great writing style that makes you feel you could instantly pull up a chair and have a cup of tea with her is The Polka Dot Palace. She writes letters to her cat, makes the simple humdrum activities of life like finding the right pair of pants or buying eye cream hilarious and then she writes little though providing posts like this one.
- And last but not least is Alex over at The March Owl. She shares lovely pictures in everyone of her posts ranging from her succulent garden, her latest DIY crafts to an awesome gif she made of her cute two year old little boy you can see for yourself here. Plus she likes owls.
I hope you get a chance to check out these great blogs! Thanks again Heather for passing along this award to me.