A while ago I was honored by my blogging friend Heather over at Patchwork of Life with the One Lovely Blog Award. I never know what to expect when a new post pops up from Heather but I do know that I will enjoy it (and usually learn some historical facts in a fun and creative way.) Heather is an artist with words as well as with other medium and she has another blog dedicated to her artwork that you can check out here.
Apparently there are no rules to the One Lovely Blog Award, only to pass along some blogging love and I am all about that. Since Heather picked five blogs to share this with I will follow in her footsteps and do the same (hard though it may be to narrow it down.) I want to share this award with some blogs that have recently caught my attention and have held firmly onto it.
- Melissa over at Piperism teaches writing at a university level and blogs stories about her daughter Piper. It is real to life, sweet and funny. If you ever wondered what Bambi’s father’s role was in the creation of Bambi you can find the answer according to Piper here. It is awesome. Give it a read, please do.
- If it is coffee spewing tales from Cairo you are looking for then Snotting Black is the place for you. Her writing style is eclectic and I mean that in a good way. A very good way. To read about her recent distraction by chocolate chip cookie click here.
- From New Orleans comes the thoughtful writings of Southern Sea Muse. While I have only visited New Orleans twice in my life, once before Katrina and once after, I have an unexplained sense of “coming home” when I think of this city. There are old roots and new growth, kind inhabitants and rude tourists (not to say there are not rude inhabitants and kind tourists) and the sounds, colors, and smells just have a hold on me. Southern Sea Muse captures the essence of this city for me. Oh and she had four boys and a front porch you must read about here. She had me at Buzz Lightyear.
- With a great writing style that makes you feel you could instantly pull up a chair and have a cup of tea with her is The Polka Dot Palace. She writes letters to her cat, makes the simple humdrum activities of life like finding the right pair of pants or buying eye cream hilarious and then she writes little though providing posts like this one.
- And last but not least is Alex over at The March Owl. She shares lovely pictures in everyone of her posts ranging from her succulent garden, her latest DIY crafts to an awesome gif she made of her cute two year old little boy you can see for yourself here. Plus she likes owls.
I hope you get a chance to check out these great blogs! Thanks again Heather for passing along this award to me.
Congratulations on your award! Well deserved.
I sign into my google reader and I have 38 posts and now you give me five more! LOL
Hehehe, sounds like you better get reading! 🙂
Thanks for the shout out—more food related adventures to come….and you do have quite the lovely blog!
You are welcome and thank you. I always look forward to your adventures, food or otherwise. 🙂
Thanks, Shoes, for sharing these lovely blogs! I especially enjoyed my trip to the beach with Southern Sea Muse. Perfect on this rainy Seattle day!
Glad you got a chance to check them out. It is nice to read blogs from warm less rainy places than our beautiful PNW isn’t it?
Thank You for the Award. I feel so Honored. I only hope I can live up to it.
You are very welcome. I love the variety of things you blog about and find it nice that you always have a picture or two included in your posts.
Thank you bunches for this award! The readers keep it lovely with their endless inspirations. I am humbled to accept it…and happy to have y’all “home.”
You are most welcome – your blog is always a great read.
Thank you so much!
Thank you so much for your kind words, and for the extra link to Sprinkles, I was really touched! 🙂
You are very welcome. 🙂
Thanks for the award! Piper and I are honored and grateful to be in such good company.
Thank you so much! Sorry for the late response, been a little crazy around here with the kids home for the break. Everyone is now thankfully back to the real world so I can get back to the important things like reading blogs! I can’t tell you how much this means!
You are very welcome! I enjoy your blog and hope some of my readers will get a chance to check it out too. Life always gets crazy when the kids are on break – glad you can find some time for blogging and blog reading again. 🙂
Pingback: the kindness of friends and strangers « The Polka Dot Palace
Pingback: my cup runneth over « The Polka Dot Palace