Remember last week when I posted about starting a workout program for the first time in my life? I told you that I had decided to commit to three thirty minute workout sessions a week. Well, I can not tell a lie (actually I can but I am not very good at it so I think I will stick with the truth) I worked out four times last week for almost an hour each. Yup, I am a Xbox/Kinect workout master. Is my muffin top gone? No, but I think it is starting to fear me.
I will continue with my efforts to thwart my evil muffin top while enjoying beating the heck out of brick walls. And because I find it entertaining to write about it, I will continue to post some random thoughts that I have while doing battle with Ye Olde Top of Muffin. I hope you find them entertaining too.
Here are the stats and thoughts from my first week of this nonsense:
- I have burned 458 calories.
- I almost killed myself doing the medium level jump rope back to back because Carter loved that it looked like I was jumping on water.
- My sprained big left toe continues to hurt; I will henceforth refer to it as my Xbox-Toe.
- During pulsing crunches, I noticed that I really need to get out the vacuum cleaner attachments and vacuum under the couch more often.
- I am awful at Hip Hop dancing, unless you count a brief period in the 80’s when I could do the worm like nobody’s business. Actually the worm is more Funk than Hip Hop but I doubt any of you will call me out on it.
- Cody pointing out that my virtual abs instructor looks stronger than me does not help.
So there you have it. My muffin top continues to lurk around making snarky comments but I am enjoying working out and only good can come of it. Well, maybe not the sprained toe. Or the rug burnt elbow part. But you get the idea.