There are these things, stupid things, that I just can’t seem to stop doing. I may not do them everyday but at least once a week I will find myself doing one of them and truly wonder about my mental state. Here is a short list of the ones that come to mind:
- While loading the dishwasher I continue to put several of my cute and functional magnetic measuring spoons in the same silverware holder. They do not wash well when this happens because they are magnetic spoons. They are designed to magnetically spoon one another and they do it well.
- I put hand lotion on and then thirty seconds later I find myself removing lint from the dryer’s lint screen. Why?!? I don’t know. When the dryer buzzer goes off I leap into lint removal mode like Pavlov’s dogs to the ringing of a bell. I think this stems from a deep seated fear of clothes dryers catching on fire. My parents still have the old avocado green dryer that dried the cloth diapers from my childhood arse and it freaks me out.
- I occasionally spray bleach on our full length bathroom mirror instead of the intended Windex. It makes the mirror annoyingly foggy until I get around to actually Windexing it.
- I am washing my hands in the kitchen and hear the dryer buzzer going. I do a quick and not so thorough drying of my hands and run for the lint screen. Damp hands and lint. That damn lint screen again!
- It is not worth the damage to nail and knuckle to get that last minuscule piece of cheese shredded. Seriously, it is not. I know this and yet I continue to shred until there is either blood or a ripped off nail.
I am sure there are more incredible lame and easily avoidable things that I continue to do that make me look like I have the IQ of, say a piece of cheese, but I can’t think of them just now.
Excuse me, I think I hear my dryer buzzing…
I do the same thing with the hand cream! LOL Seriously freaked me out about the dryer. I think I need to clean the vent.
I am glad to hear I am not alone with the unfortunate lint screen and hand lotion combo!
I love to clean lint out of my dryer screen.
Your blog cracked me up today! Especially the shredding of the last little bit of cheese…I SO do that! not ever worth it.
thanks for the laugh!
Glad I could give you a laugh. There is just something about getting that last piece of cheese shredded…
Are we living parallel lives??? 😉
Hahaha – perhaps…
Invariably, I finally get around to lot ironing my hands right before I wash them. Not very effective. You are not alone.
I think you mean lotioning and if you do I am so right there with you. I do that all the time as well.
I have to admit I have my moments, too…going to spread milk on the bread or pour butter in the tea (?!), going to put the kettle in the fridge. I could write a list but it might get a bit long! 😀
Ha! Butter in the tea. While clearing the table after breakfast I have more than once started to put the milk in the cupboard. Lucky for me my cupboards are unorganized and there is no room in them for a gallon milk container.
Nope, we’ll never learn. There must be something inherently masochistic about motherhood that keeps us doing these things over and over again. You are not alone. Thanks for the funny!
Ha! I believe you are right, we will never learn. I blame it on my mind going so fast and thinking of so many things all at once that the simple silly things fall through the cracks of my brain. 🙂 Glad you stopped by, and thanks for the comment!